Sunday 4 October 2009

B.O.O.T.S

It's officially October, I like to think it's official once it's few day into the month, so it's got a little cold and Autumnal which can only mean one thing - it's time to invest in a good pair of boots.

The last few years has seen lots of ladies donning knee high boots, often vintage or vintage look, this year it's all change thankyouverymuch and you have two choices when it comes to choosing your winter footwear: ankle boots OR over the knee boots.

Personally, I won't be rocking the over the knees - too expensive for a good pair - legs will look like sausages, that kind of thing - however, I see that as a reason for me to get at least two pairs of ankle boots.

Last year I was a fan of Miss Selfridge's PVC ankle boots with exposed silver zip, unfortunately I wore them so much they gave up on me completely one day and pretty much ripped in half. I also have a pair of brown boots with a gold ankle buckle and clompy walking boot heels that I'll be getting re-heeled this week. The only downside of those boots is that any contact with carpet and I become a whole bundle of static electricity, must to the hysterics of my old work colleagues.

So this leads me on to this year's new boots buy....

If money was not an option

Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony



If I gulped (and practiced walking in them)

Cos ankle boots £129


If I wasnt bothered about being late in the day...

Office studded boots


The ones I might just buy anyway...

Office £70

No comments: