Wednesday 23 January 2008

Indie Karaoke


Last night I was privileged enough to catch 'The Pun Loving Criminals' at White Heat - a band made up of Dev Lightspeed Champion, Fred Ox.Eagle/Lion/Man and Victoria from Ipso Facto - possibly the best drummer I have seen for a long time! Star guests included Ferry from Semifinalists and Alex Turner from Arctic Monkeys.

So the concept then...a covers band made up of indie popstars, the set list was as follows (although I'm a bit fuzzy today):


C'mon C'mon (Von Bondies)- with Fred
Slow Hands (Interpol) with Fred
Get Free (The Vines) with Fred
The Rat (Walkman) with Fred
New York Hurts (Interpol) Lightspeed Only
Take It Or Leave It (The Strokes) with Alex Turner

I think there might have been more, i've not smiled so much in a long time. A great night had by all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am extremely jealous! That sounds amazing.