Tuesday 15 January 2008

Lightspeed Champion 4eva



After getting quite accustomed to Durrr on a Monday night before Christmas (you can get away with most things in December, non?) I decided that I would brave the Tuesday morning hangover today. Turns out my head is a bit dead today, however, it was worth the pain and the twitchy eyes today as I go to see the fantastic Lightspeed Champion.

A bit late to jump on the bandwagon with this one - now I'm fully sold. Playing with a full band which included Cibelle the angelic female voice you hear on some of the records - i thought it was Emmy The Great and still think it sometimes is. Surprised at how many of the songs i recognised in the set I fell in love a bit, with some sonic magic and vocal wizardry.

Dev aka Lightspeed Champion, brought on stage his friend Fred from ace band Ox.Eagle.Lion.Man and proceeded to sing some covers, including The Strokes 12.51.

An amazing night, an amazing artist. See him live, buy his album, I think i will

No comments: