Monday 28 July 2008

LDN = Party city



As you may know, I'm a London dweller and pretty much love the city. Yes I do miss hearing birdsong and not having to spend at least £10 as soon as you walk out of the door in the morning but at the moment I wouldn't have it any other way.

Some of the best parties happen in London, they are often much hyped, sporadic affairs, which makes them all the better. Some say that London nightlife died when Boombox ended, luckily for them Boombox/Ponystep founder Richard Mortimer now hosts a monthly Ponystep night at Hoxton Bar & Grill from which the photo above is taken. With the night documented by Ponystep.com and Dirty Dirty Dancing it always feels a bit like you missed the best party in the world when you gaze at the photos the next morning. I am yet to go to Ponystep and never did make it to Boombox (I know, why??).

Lets stop and take a moment to check out the gentleman gracing the top of this post - his face adorned with what look like woollen balls - the vivid colours remind me of the Marc Jacobs lego hairband and I love it. Nope, I never will stick things to my face but he looks rather ace.

Richard Mortimer does not, however, have the monopoly on London nights out. Only two weekends ago I celebrated my birthday at the very first Deadly People shindig created by those behind the famed Modular parties of last two or more years. Deadly parties really are one to watch and a little birdy tells me there might be a Deadly People festival in the pipeline.

I am desperate to make it to the next Grotbags night too (Kingsland Road), they look pretty fun indeed.

I'll leave you with a picture of my friend Katie and I (I am the shorter of the two) at the Deadly Party, taken just before things got pretty messy! Nope there wasn't a sale on vintage lame before you ask and thats 'lahmay' I just cannot find the accent

No comments: